Role: Freelance Events Administrator
Reporting To: Events Manager
Working Hours: Flexible hours 9.30-1.30pm Sun – Thursday
Additional hours as required supporting events (inc. weekends and evenings)
Location: JLT, Dubai with some travel to events. Must have own driving license
Job Role and Responsibilities
To support a young, dynamic events team by organising and co-ordinating team operations and procedures in order to ensure organisational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide administrative support to all events run by the Events Team.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping on all events, complying with all regulations laid down by the Auditors and the Finance Division.
- Ensure all monies received by the Events Department are coded accurately and acknowledged speedily.
- Provide the first point of contact for telephone enquiries to the Events Department, handling these where appropriate, or passing on swiftly and accurately when necessary.
- Provide secretarial services where required for the Events team.
- Coordinate meetings and activities of Event team staff.
- Coordinating team expenses.
- Maintaining team efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
Event Specific Duties
- Assisting in researching markets to identify opportunities for new events.
- Assisting in producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets).
- Booking suitable venues or locations.
- Assist in scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Planning room layouts, scheduling workshops and demonstrations.
- Preparing delegate packs, papers and goodie bags.
- Assisting in coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly.
- Assisting in coordinating venue management, caterers, Audio-visual, contractors and equipment hire.
The role of event administrator is hands-on and often involves working as part of a team. Event administrators must be able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organisational and administration skills and attention to detail. They must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and
efficient running of an event.